Monday, February 27, 2012

The Oscars

Tonight I watched the Oscars.

I know, it's silly but I just love them.  for one night it's pretty and vibrant.  I am transported there to watch and be amazed.  I love the gowns and the set up.

I LOVED the Cirque du Soleil's performance in the show.  It was so wonderful to just watch.

The tribute to those the academy had lost in the past year was beautiful.  I think that song they use (What a Wonderful World) brings tears to my eyes when I hear it.

I was not shocked about which movies or actors won.  I was proud that many who actually deserved it won and not just 'the names'.

I enjoyed watching the shock on Meryl Streep's face when she won.

I loved Sandra Bullock's gown.

I smile seeing the men growing older and more distinguished with time.

For one night, I let go of the things I cannot change and slip into the fantasy of what if with everyone watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment